Reducing Racial Disparities in Cancer Outcomes
This program is brought to you by Gateway Medical Society In Collaboration with Allegheny County Medical Society
- Identify strategies for addressing social determinants to improve cancer health outcomes in racial and ethnic patients
- Identify strategies for increasing cancer screening in medically underserved communities
- Understand risk factors for selected cancers and barriers to improved health outcomes for African American cancer patients
Click here to access the complete program over and schedule.
CALL FOR ABSTRACTS
Young Investigator Poster Competition
We are calling for abstracts for poster presentations at the 2017 Gateway Medical Society Provider Symposium. This years symposium will focus on improvement of racial and ethnic disparities in cancer health outcomes by highlighting approaches from the clinical, research, and community arenas to improve health outcomes. Selected abstracts will be presented during poster sessions during the Symposium.
Click here to access the form used to submit your abstract by the deadline of September 7, 2017.
- The Gateway Medical Society and its member physicians are committed to the elimination of health disparities among minority populations. Our strategic goals include:
- Provide continuing education programs for health professionals
- Facilitate the communication, collaboration and networking among health professionals
- Provide forums for the discussion of issues which aid in the advocacy for health reform and minority health issues
- Increase minority representation in the healthcare workforce
The views, opinions, and content of the Program do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of the Gateway Medical Society, the Allegheny County Medical Society, The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences (CCEHS), Allegheny Health Network, presenters and sponsoring organizations.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Healthcare professionals from hospitals, health systems, clinics, medical groups and policy makers; also, anyone with an interest in eliminating health disparities in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
HOW YOU CAN HAVE AN IMPACT
Keep up to date on strategies to reduce health disparities
Increase the cultural awareness of your staff and colleagues
Identify issues related to social determinants and utilize appropriate community resources
CONTINUEING EDUCATION CREDITS
CME Accreditation and Designation Statement
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Gateway Medical Society. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals are awarded 0.4 continuing education units (CEUs) which are equal to 4.2 contact hours.
Participation by all individuals is encouraged. Advance notification of any special needs will help us provide better service. Please notify us of your needs at least two weeks in advance of the program by calling 412-281-4086.
All individuals in a position to control the content of this education activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients.
The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.
Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to reserve your space at CCEHS conferences.
There are Two Ways to Register:
For those claiming Continuing Education Credits (Physicians, other health professionals):
- Visit our online registration site at: https://ccehs.upmc.com
- Click the Registration button and enter all the requested information (including an email address) and follow the prompts to submit your registration after entering your payment information.
- Print the automatic electronic registration confirmation email sent to the email address you provided us when you registered. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact us at (412) 647-8232.
For all others wanting to attend:
Register at www.gatewaymedicalsociety.org or call our office at (412) 281-4086.
The UPMC/Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences reserves the right to cancel this program if sufficient registrations are not received.
The conference will be held at the Allegheny County Medical Society, 713 Ridge Avenue, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania 15212. Free parking is available at the ACMS parking lot.
Time: 8:00 AM to 2:00 PM
Place: Allegheny County Medical Society
713 Ridge Avenue
Pittsburgh, PA 15212