The views, opinions, and content of the Program do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or policies of the Gateway Medical Society, The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center, Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield, the University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences (CCEHS),
presenters and sponsoring organizations.
The Gateway Medical Society and its member physicians are committed to the elimination of health disparities among minority populations. Our strategic goals include:
- Provide continuing education programs for health professionals
- Facilitate the communication, collaboration and networking among health professionals
- Provide forums for the discussion of issues which aid in the advocacy for health reform and minority health issues
- Increase minority representation in the healthcare workforce
- Increase the understanding and knowledge of military culture, chain of authority and military experience to enable community health care providers better support veteran patients
- Increase the understanding of mental health symptoms and conditions of veterans who have returned from military combat
- Increase the knowledge and awareness of available community and social services for returning veterans and where to get help
Who Should Attend
Health care professionals from hospitals, health systems, clinics, medical groups. Also, anyone with an interest in helping military service veterans receive appropriate health care services including preventive, wellness and mental health services.
Continuing Education Credits
This activity has been planned and implemented in accordance with the accreditation requirements and policies of the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) through the joint providership of University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine and Gateway Medical Society. The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of 4.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s). Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Other health care professionals are awarded 0.4 continuing education units (CEUs) which are equal to 4.2 contact hours.
Faculty for this activity are required to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any proprietary entity producing, marketing, re-selling, or distributing health care goods or services, used on, or consumed by, patients.
Registering online is the quickest and easiest way to reserve your space at CCEHS conferences.
There are Two Ways to Register:
For those claiming Continuing Education Credits (Physicians, other health professionals):
- Visit our online registration site at: https://ccehs.upmc.com/liveFormalCourses.jsf - Course #5068
- Click the Registration button and enter all the requested information (including an email address) and follow the prompts to submit your registration after entering your payment information.
Print the automatic electronic registration confirmation email sent to the email address you provided us when you registered. If you do not receive this confirmation, please contact us at (412) 647-8232.
For all others wanting to attend:
Register at www.gatewaymedicalsociety.org or call our office at (412) 281-4086.
Pre-registration is preferred. Limited walk-in registration accepted on the day of the event.
The UPMC/Center for Continuing Education in the Health Sciences reserves the right to cancel this program if sufficient registrations are not received.
FEE for Continuing Education Credits
$25 for Physicians
$10 for Other Health Professionals
The conference will be held at the Herberman Conference Center located at UPMC Shadyside, 5150 Centre Avenue, 2nd Floor, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Based on availability, conference attendees may park at the Centre Avenue garage.
The American with Disabilities Act Information
Participation by all individuals is encouraged. Advance notification of any special needs will help us provide better service. Please notify us of your needs at least two weeks in advance of the program by calling (412) 281-4086.
Nondiscrimination, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action:
All external advertisement must comply with the University of Pittsburgh Police, 07-01-03, Nondiscrimination, Equal Opportunity, and Affirmative Action.
The University of Pittsburgh is an affirmative action, equal opportunity institution.