Register if you are interested in participating in the program.
Sign up to be a Mentor.
Contact us at 412-281-4086 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Journey to Medicine
“Building the pipeline for future physicians”
- To mentor and build a strong sense of confidence in our pre-adolescent participants.
- To stress the early importance of achievement in mathematics and science.
- To introduce a broader view of all disciplines of medicine, and allied health professions, including but not limited to: nursing, occupational therapy, physical therapy, respiratory therapy, Physician Assistant, pharmacy, dentistry, and podiatry.
The mission of the Gateway Medical Society Youth Mentorship Program is to educate and mentor minority pre-adolescent males in the art and science of medicine. We also hope to inspire and guide them as they matriculate through secondary education and beyond. Ultimately, we hope that some students will choose to enter into the field of medicine and the allied health professions.
- Genuine Interest in Science and Mathematics
Youth Mentorship Program
Mentorship Program Components:
- Students will be mentored by a combination of physician mentors, residents and medical students.
- On-going student evaluation of students between sessions
- Field trips with physician mentor, residents or medical students
- Tutoring sessions will be made available to students who may experience any academic difficulties.
The Heinz Endowments
The Heinz Endowments supports efforts to make southwestern Pennsylvania a premier place to live and work, a center for learning and educational excellence, and a region that embraces diversity and inclusion.